It's hard to believe but our little pink caboose is six months old today! Why the time goes this fast after they're born but drags on for eternity while you're pregnant I will never know.
We have hit some fun milestones:
- Rolling from back to front in lightning speed. Still working on that whole tummy to back thing.
- Sitting up unassisted but still needs someone close by to help prevent bonks on the noggin.
- All sorts of funny noises and attempts at words. The best is how she puckers her lips together and makes the "mmmm" sound. She wants to say "Mom" I just know it.
- Sitting in a high chair. She has had a few bites of baby food and is unlike her siblings in that she despises peaches. But she carries on the tradition and loves beans. As in pinto beans freshly made in the crock pot and mashed up. She's gonna be a beaner just like the rest of us.
- She is like her older sister and loves to sing, not take naps, and nurse. She has quickly become daddy's girlfriend and will take naps for him without any problem. There is a slight bit of jealousy from his other little girlfriend but it's totally manageable. He loves the attention his girls give him, especially because his wife often falls asleep mid-sentence. I keep telling myself it's just a stage of life and will quickly pass, but that doesn't stop me from crying a lot out of complete and utter exhaustion. Thankfully I have a month break from school and can maybe, just maybe catch up on some zzzzzzs and get this baby sleep trained. I hate the crying it out method and avoid it at all costs. Besides, how could I make this beauty cry on purpose? I would be the meanest mother ever. (Ironically my other kids already think I am because of my zombie like state due to said exhaustion.)
We are excited for Christmas and watching this precious one devour the wrapping paper and boxes on Christmas morning. Like her other siblings did when they were babies, she got to place the star on the tree. Mostly she just wanted to eat it and couldn't figure out why we were all making goofy faces at her. Also, she met Santa Claus for the first time and wasn't so sure about what Mommy and Daddy had gotten her into. (Her sister felt the same way.)
We love our baby girl. She definitely makes our family complete!





Babies are so fun!!!!! Yours is just darling, darling, darling!
ReplyDelete