Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Almost There


I got this little oddly shaped award in the mail a few days ago. My kids wanted to know why my grades were only worth 4 points, but still thought their mom was pretty cool for getting another award like this in the mail. When they get all A's and their end of the year awards we always go out for ice cream. So after a few subtle hints to my husband, off to the DQ we went and then to the park to do America Ninja Warrior challenges. 

Today I was cleared to register for my last three classes, which I will complete in the mini semester during June. It's going to be a serious sprint to the finish line, but it will be worth it. Then I will be done and my depressing days at UVSC 20 dang years ago won't look so pathetic  anymore. 

If I was truly ambitious... And willing to spend 80 hours each week at a law firm on top of my mothering and wifely duties, you would see me take this degree and head straight to law school. Instead, I have found a great Masters program in Public Administration that I will start sometime in 2017. I am going to let my first degree simmer a bit, maybe take a tropical vacation with my man, send one more of my babies off to school and smooch on the youngest one while folding laundry and watching the political ramifications of our poorly advised country play out on the news. 

And then maybe I will run myself. Seeing how I got this awesome award and all.


2 comments: