Monday, February 17, 2014

2 x 2

Confession time:  I have two boys and a girl and as much as I love my girl and would love to spoil her and only her as the lone lady of the house forever, I was secretly praying that this last surprise would be a girl, too.  Makenna needed a sister. I have so many of them (13 to be exact) and while I wish that I was closer to them, I know the value of having a sister and I longed for my girl to have that as well.
 
Because of the problems I've had with this pregnancy, and my "old age",  I was immediately referred to a specialist for ultrasounds every few weeks. At 17 weeks they were "99%" sure and while I announced it to my family, I still held on to that 1 % as a possibility that their prediction would change.




 
But at 20 weeks they confirmed what Makenna said she "knew all along" that she would in fact be a big sister to a baby girl and mommy and daddy would get their dream of having 2 and 2.
 



 
(The kids loved this one because they said she looks like she's saluting, just like Daddy does.)
 
 
 
We already have her name picked out, which sends me into silent streams of tears because of how much I love it and the person she will be named after. Each of our children have part of their name after someone we want them to look up to and admire. Each name has been given to us through strong spiritual confirmations, and this one was no different.
 
Baby girl M.D.T. will be joining our family to make it complete sometime around June 25th, and we can't wait to meet her. (Pretty sure Makenna has their whole lives planned out as sisters and roommates.) 
 

2 comments:

  1. PS I think something is wrong with your "Birthday in the Howwse" post. I've tried 2 different ways to open it, but it doesn't, and your side bar only lists 1 post for February.

    ReplyDelete