Our initial plan was that in the fall I would go back to school full time while the Little Miss started preschool and the boys were in school during the day. Thinking about being on campus again was thrilling and frightening at the same time. While I love a freshly sharpened pencil and clean crisp paper waiting for notes in a notebook, I felt intimidation creep up on me before I could even step into a classroom. Being an "oldie" in a sea of recent high school grads who hadn't begun to taste what life was like, felt a tad bit overbearing. But with 90 credits burning a whole in my mom jeans pocket, it was time.
But then the pregnancy test came back positive.
So I put those pocket burning credits on the back burner to simmer for a few more years. Home is where I wanted to be. Home is where I needed to be, with both of my ladies and there when my boys walked in the door.
Truth be told, however, I couldn't stop the nagging feeling that it really was time to go back, and I needed to just let go of my fears and embrace my wonder woman status once and for all. A quick chat with a close friend and spiritual advisor, and a "Yes, yes, yes, yes it's about time" from my husband, I began to search for universities that would accommodate my status. After talking to another dear friend (who just happens to be the superwife of the first friend), I felt Heavenly Father guiding me and giving me the green light.
I have found what I think is the best school and the best program and the best opportunity for me and my growing brood. I recently submitted my final application, requested transcripts from the previous two universities I attended, and completed the financial aid package. It all seems very surreal and even as I clicked that final "submit" I can't believe after all these years it is my turn to go back to school.
And now I just wait for the acceptance letter.
Gulp.
It will come, right?
By Makenna J.T. 3/2014
And pretty much sums up how I am feeling these days

How exciting! I hope you have fun and learn lots!!!
ReplyDelete