Come stop your crying
It will be alright
Just take my hand
Hold it tight
I will protect you
From all around you
I will be here
Don't you cry.
For one so small,
You seem so strong
My arms will hold you,
Keep you safe and warm
This bond between us
Can't be broken
I will be here
Don't you cry
You'll be in my heart
No matter what they say
You'll be here in my heart, always.
You'll be in my heart
No matter what they say
You'll be here in my heart, always.
Always.
I'll be with you
I'll be there for you always
Always and always
Just look over your shoulder.
Always.
*You won't see one of those glamour shots of me after giving birth. I literally go through hell to get my babies here, and this picture is proof of that journey. My husband took this photo about an hour after I gave birth and I have no recollection of this moment. All I remember is that when they brought me out of recovery from the most painful surgery to date (and the proof is the endless bruises I have all over my body-- worse than ever before), all I wanted was to have her in my arms. I don't remember anything else but just wanting her. (Well, that and wanting to rub my skin off completely. A nice after effect from the spinal drugs.) My journey through hell brought me at last to this celestial moment and heavenly reunion with my sweet baby girl. The vain girl in me wishes someone would have brushed my hair and suctioned off a few of those chins, but the mother in me will always be grateful this moment was captured.
















I feel ya on all the terrible side affects of a c-section. I'm not looking forward to that part of having a baby, but we recover and the spirit helps us through it huh? You're Meagan is an angel. I hope your recovering well and you enjoy these precious moments that fled all to quickly! Congrats Mama!
ReplyDeleteI love that picture of you so much its making me cry. That's it, in all its glory, the going-down-into-the-valley-of-the-shadow-of-death glory that when you emerge on the other side, you understand Jesus a little more and you love a little better and you are different for having done something so brave. I love you. And that little baby sweetie tiny thing.
ReplyDeleteShe's such a teeny precious thing! What dear, dear pictures all around. Congratulations again and again and again!
ReplyDelete