We are on a countdown here and the days seem to go faster and faster. I kind of shake my head when I think about all that I have going on at the same time....
-Kids finishing school
-Prepping for baby
-Starting college -- A one month summer intensive semester x 3 classes. One week in and I have read over 250 pages, written and answered 12 discussion boards, taken 2 tests and 5 quizzes. And aced all but two of them, thankyouverymuch.
-Writing a talk I have been asked to give in our upcoming morning session of Stake Conference
-Weekly responsibilities in my Young Women's calling at church
-Fixing a broken refrigerator ... And 2 other major household appliances
-Getting rooms ready for company when baby is here
-Prepping meals in advance
-Still 2nd car-less so I use my bike a lot
-Last minute calls to insurance, summer camps, and financial aid office
-Helping husband prep for his Masters application/Gmat test
The list keeps growing.
And thankfully all of this is taking my mind off allowing any anxiety that likes to creep in as big life changes approach.
Despite all the craziness, we have also been able to find some time for a little play and celebration.
The kids participated in their school run club this year and wanted to run a race when it was over. We all participated in the fun run sponsored by our city. I did more of a fun-walk-while-pushing-a-stroller-when-Makenna-wore-out kind of race.
Mason earned the most AR reading points of anyone in his school this year, and used his tickets to "buy" free frozen yogurt passes for each member of our family from the school store, redeemable at Sweet Frog. We have never been there and the kids were in heaven.
Because of the Memorial weekend, Alfer had his first day off in FOREVER and we took advantage of our "last weekend" before life got really crazy (see list above) and a super discounted military rate in honor of the holiday. The water was cold, but we still had a blast. We knew it was either now or never (because I am so not taking a newborn to a water park, especially at regular price) and it was fun surprising the kids. First, frozen yogurt and then a water park? Wow, we are living it up!
Alfer has officially been at his awesome job for one year. Last year we attended the company picnic a day after he was hired and this year they held the events at a big ranch. Everyone got to do something fun, eat a bunch of Texas Bar-B-Q, and walk away with some cool gifts.
And most recently, we celebrated these awesome big brothers. They each had an awards ceremony for the end of the year, and in true form Mommy cried thru both sessions. I am so proud of these kids. I am amazed at what they can do. They set goals and surpass them. I was even surprised at some of the things they were being honored for. Honestly, I don't know how Alfer and I scored in the kids department, but we seriously did. Amongst many other awards, Mason was the top reader of his school this year and Marcus was honored for "filling other people's buckets" thru his infectious personality and guile-less nature.
The next time I write, I will probably include a new baby picture of a dark haired brown eyed girl named Maegan (middle name to be revealed when she is born, mostly because if I think about how lovely it is, I usually start the ugly cry). We cannot wait to have her here and I can honestly say, I'm ready. It's taken me a long time to be able to say those words, but in my heart I know it's time and I feel the Lord has prepared me for another one of His most precious children. It's the greatest honor and joy of my life and I'm thankful for how much He trusts me.











Your family is so cute. This newest little girl sure is lucky to be joining you all! Wishing you a happy countdown and the best birth ever!
ReplyDelete