Thursday, July 31, 2014

C.Y.M.B. Post #2

Remember how I said I was going to do better at counting my blessings? Well, it's time to do that again because lately I have been surrounded by angels, more than willing to bear me up when I needed it the most.  I'm just never ever going to get over how kind people are. Not ever. Turn off the news and pay attention to those around you because there is a whole lotta good going on. 

I will pick up where I last left off...

6. On my days where I have the most homework, little Miss Meggie moo takes her best naps, with little to no effort on my part. I thought she would make a good study partner, but see for yourself, she's not much help. Though she and her Mohawk are yummy to look at. 







7.  On the morning of her sweet daughter's birthday, a dear friend sent me a text and asked me what I wanted for dinner. She didn't ask me if I wanted it, just wondered what I wanted because she was bringing it regardless. She doesn't know that I was completely beside myself with exhaustion and had no energy to go to the grocery store that day with all my kids in order to make them a decent meal. And I didn't know it was her daughter's birthday until later. When it's my kids birthdays the last thing I think about is feeding someone else. Not this girl. She is my ward's secret weapon and I dare say no one even knows. I want to be like her. She just goes behind the scene and gets stuff done without any fanfare or acknowledgment. I am embarrassed because when she went to hug me, I was on the verge of the ugly cry and didn't give her much of a hug. I love that girl.


8. A neighbor I have never met that lives a few houses down, saw our military service flag waving from the street and found out who we were and then brought us dinner. Another neighbor who owns a lawn care company asked if I would let his team come and do my front yard because he's so "appreciative of [my] hero fighting for our country." 



9. Another sweet friend in the ward texted me and asked if she and her husband could take my three older kids out to lunch and then run Saturday errands with them. I laughed because my least favorite thing in the world is taking all my kids grocery shopping and to do errands on a Saturday. For real, my least favorite thing in the world. I couldn't believe she wanted to volunteer. But I couldn't talk her out of it. So a few Saturdays ago (when another sweet ward member showed up at the same time to do my entire yard), they came and got my kids and spent the day with them. You would have thought my kiddos had taken a trip to Disneyland because they were so excited to tell me all about it when they got home. I had 4 hours alone, again because Maegan decided to take her longest nap ever, and didn't know what to do with myself! I have not enjoyed scrubbing bathrooms and homework and making my own lunch and doing my hair as much as I did that day. And to top it off, they brought me mini cheesecakes and a key lime pie and told me I didn't have to share. And I didn't!




10. I wrote about how several of our appliances went kaput just before my husband left, including the iPad I have only had for two years. Well someone must have been praying to Steve Jobs for me because the iPad miraculously works now and hasn't glitched once. This might not seem like such a big deal, but when I am doing homework and Makenna wants to be with me and do her "homework" I don't feel so guilty now. She has something she can do and feels so happy to sit next to me. Also, once my husband got wifi access on his base, we have been able to do FaceTime almost every day.  I mean, who would have thought out there in the desert there would be such an incredible connection, but there is!  Again, gracias a Steve Jobs because this wife is a happy wife. 



11. I was released from my YW calling just before I left town, and in one final act of love and kindness towards me, the girls came with the newly called leaders and cleaned my house from top to bottom. Dusted, vacuumed, washed windows inside and out, bathrooms, curtains, blinds, doorknobs, wiped out cabinets, etc... It was very humbling and just endeared those girls to me even more. 

12. The next morning two more sisters from church came and cleaned out my fridge and wiped down my pantry. They will probably never know what a help that was to me. I never would have been able to do it all by myself. I cry just thinking about it. 

12. A few days before leaving, a sweet friend who also has a son named Marcus, came to my aid one night with a box FULL of food and dinner items. She even brought a hydrangea plant, which just made my heart so happy. It touched me so deeply and she will never know what that meant to me when I pulled in and found her trying to leave those surprises on my doorstep. 

Kindness doesn't just begin with K. It begins with each of these dear people who recognized a need and fulfilled it. I have been so blessed and watched over and feel so thankful for the granting of so many tender mercies. 



No comments:

Post a Comment