If I could post all the pictures I take of this girl and her smiling poses, I would surpass my allowable gigabyte limit for this blog. She's always got something to say or show me and more often than not it is followed by "take my picture, Mommy."
I happily oblige. I can't help myself.
Leading up to her birthday this past weekend, we talked at length about the birthday party and invited guests and presents and what to serve and how to spend her day and what to have for her birthday dinner and so. much. more. It was going to be the event of the century. Or at least the pinkalicious event of the week.
It's hard to believe that she's three. It is so cliche of me to say that, but truthfully her turning three also means I haven't been pregnant in that long. In ten years of marriage that's never happened. We honestly and truthfully take great delight in every single day we have with her.
I remember when everyone told me about the drama that would ensue by having a girl. I laughed it off but let me tell ya, that drama is in full force. From foot stomping and arm folding to crunched up eyebrows and face down on the carpet complaining that no one will play with her. It's always something that she believes should be worthy of stopping life as we know it. But I will take the drama over the terrible twos I went through with my boys any day. It's actually quite comical to me and just endears her to me that much more.
In the last General Conference there was a talk by Elder Falabella where he said a singing child is a happy child. Well if that's true, this lady of the casa is the happiest child on earth. From sun up to sun down she is singing. I have hours of small video clips where I have grabbed my camera to record the latest song in her self written repertoire. Most recently, after she braved the pool with just a pair of arm floaties (QUITE the brave and faithful step on the part of my girl), she stayed in the water singing for anyone within earshot that she was "the best girl everrr--rrrr!" I added extra "rrrrs" for the mounds of vibrato she adds to each end note. The cashier at the grocery store told me the other day that she made her whole day because of the song she had been singing about scanning the "vegetables as fast as you can!"
We love this little girl and our lives are blessed so richly by having her and all the pinkalicious drama and music she brings to our family. I would have 10 more of her, if I could.
A very Pinkalicious party coming up next...
A very Pinkalicious party coming up next...





No comments:
Post a Comment