Saturday, June 1, 2013

Time Out

With Daddy gone recently for a week, it was up to me to keep things exciting and entertaining. Again. Instead of staying home to do jobs (though we did that, too), we actually did something I am not accustomed to doing.

We went out!

I am actually quite a homebody. I choose spending time with my crazies (all four of them) over anything else. And I like to do it close to home. Sure, I relish in having a break now and then, but I will typically come home early or cancel plans all together.

I decided that since my guy was off having fun (he was actually off overhauling my sisters kitchen, which is FUN for him), we would have fun, too.



One night I took the boys on a date to see (gulp) Iron Man 3. When we picked up Little Sister, we ended the night doing a much more family friendly activity. The kids were psyched because it was after their bedtime and they were outside. GASP! I know, I am such a rebel. (And yes, I do put my kids to bed when it's still light outside.)




One day we woke up early for a zoo adventure. This time we let little Miss M tag along. 



You can't tell from the picture, but he was so over the top excited to be by a cheetah, he couldn't contain himself. My little mellow encyclopedia full of information. I think I learned everything about a cheetah in five minutes from this fact finding little dude.


This was all him. I turned a corner and this is where I found him. Classic shot and perfect example comparing this picture to the one above of his brother. These two are so different and yet so yummy at the same time.


She wanted a picture with our ancestors. 
(Shout out to Grandpa Herb)


These two didn't want to see the Bug Exhibit so we waited outside for their big bug lovin' brother.


We stopped and played in the water and rested our tired feet. Little Sister doesn't usually
 leave  my side in large crowds but she actually got in and got her feet wet! 


She can't help herself from being so flippin' cute.


I had such a blast with these three lovies. I am so thankful to be their mother. They are my best little buddies and while I fall into bed exhausted pretty much every night, and spend a lot of time on my knees praying for guidance and Heavenly Help in their behalf, I happily choose them (and their Daddy) every day. 

(Now if they could just stop waking me up so dang early. Then we would really be on to something great!)

No comments:

Post a Comment