Sunday, September 21, 2014

I cannot say the smallest part I feel

In my last post where I shared the miraculous intervention of the heavens bringing my sweet missionary companion and I back together again, I mentioned there was a second part of the story that I would write about later. I had to wait to post about it because it was such a huge surprise.
The story I want to share has about a million little miracles all wrapped up into one giant perfect weekend package. It commenced with me heading home. Not back to my house but rather to the place my heart resides and feels most comfortable....
After running into my sweet companion, Hermana Bingham, plans quickly came together rather miraculously for her to join me on a trip back to our mission to attend the missionary farewell of a very sweet and special young woman. She is the oldest daughter of the sweet family from Argentina that Hermana Bingham and I had found tracting (knocking doors) in April 2002. 

Just a few days after we met after we met this family in 2002

And the family baptism just a few months later


Wedding reception we held in the mission after we were married
July 2003



 
 
It was Bingy and Gleason together again, where we drove to the airport in SLC and took separate flights into Washington D.C. I waited for her plane to land and then we were off on the Metro to surprise our special family. The family knew that I was coming but didn't know that Bingy would be coming with me.
 
 

My emotions were very near the surface as we made our final descent to the place I had grown to love since I was a child. The fact that I had been blessed to serve my mission there was further proof of God's awareness and love for me. Being able to return countless times has been such a gift in my life. This time would be different than all the rest, however. This time I knew what I was going to do, who I was going to see, but I didn't know the extent of how it would feel.
I didn't have to wonder very long.



Waiting at the metro for them to come and see their surprise!
Shout out to baby Maegan who was such a trooper on this trip.

 
The looks on their faces when they pulled up to get us were priceless. I was literally jumping up and down!  Amidst tears and laughter and a quick brush up of our Spanish, we celebrated the most wonderful reunion AND the birthday of the dad of the family.  It was one of the best nights of my life and I kept waiting for someone to wake me up from such an incredible dream.


Reunited after 10 years!
 




 
 

I honestly wouldn't know where to begin to describe the feelings of this very special once in a lifetime weekend. It was like the perfect storm, but a positive one. Everything came together at just the right time and the Heavens opened up and poured down a million tender mercies on my head. Even if I were to share every detail, it wouldn't come close to describing how it felt to be there and to hear them thank us and to see their growth. 

I thought the party would be the best part of the weekend, but it was only just the beginning....



I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.

Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.
 
Behold, how many thousands of our brethren has he loosed from the pains of hell; and they are brought to sing redeeming love, and this because of the power of his word which is in us, therefore have we not great reason to rejoice?
 
Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment